http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Panvel after the cloudburst

Patrix, whose home is in Panvel, writes:
The street where my home is located never floods; it had not even gained an inch of water during earlier floods that had submerged the rest of the town in couple of feet of water notably during the 1989 floods. This time around, my dad’s ground floor office had almost 3.5 feet of water and my mom’s school had nearly 5 feet. After hearing that, I couldn’t help but imagine the plight of other parts of Panvel. According to my dad, almost thousand people had perished; some of them dying horrific deaths trapped inside their cars.
Read the full post, which gives a vivid picture of the devastation caused in just that one small town. There are no such chroniclers for most of Maharashtra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home